The present village church of Asuncion Tzintzingareo replaced the original hospital chapel of the pueblo.
Its square front features a plain arched doorway covered by an alfiz, and bears the date 1663 below the modest belltower.
Representations of Passion symbols are inscribed on the lower shaft along with dates in the 17th century.
Relief rosettes, ringed by more spines, cap both arms.
text and graphic © 2019 Richard D. Perry